Are you ready to build a successful career as a legal counsel for a SaaS company within Legal Tech? Join Scrive. A Deloitte Sweden Technology Fast 50 company. Apply here!
At Scrive, you’ll be working with the Nordic leader in e-signing, offering premium solutions for all channels from online to in-store. With a wide customer base, we’re serving enterprise companies all over the world in industries like telecom, finance, automotive and more, challenging the old and slow giants of enterprise software.
We are now looking for hungry, smart, motivated individuals ready to join the development of our legal department.
Do we have a match?
Love the thought of a fast and innovative environment? Scrive is for you. Are you driven, positive and self-going but never satisfied? We may very well have a match. Here’s a unique chance to join a great-positioned startup growing at exciting pace. You will play a vital role in taking us to the next level. Our aim is, that a few years from now, you will be able to say; “We did that, I was a part of the Scrive Story.”
From a truly awesome office in central Stockholm, we’re constantly refining one of the most innovative products on the tech startup scene.
As a part of the legal team, you will report to our Chief Legal Officer, but work closely with the sales team on a daily basis. The legal function within Scrive focuses on providing business oriented legal advice and contract drafting/negotiation support to our sales team in our quick paced and accelerating sales processes. We believe knowing, loving and understanding the capabilities and benefits of our product is essential, so a certain degree of tech-savviness is a must.
Scrive is a complex solution and you need to have the kind of brain that thrives in complex problem-solving. More specifically; as part of the legal team you need to be able to analyze and condense both legal, commercial and/or technical issues into simple, straightforward and well-defined contract conditions.
We also invest much of our time in helping our customers and partners to understand and appreciate the legal environment for electronic signatures – an area that is full of misconceptions and prejudiced opinions. We believe that working at Scrive will make you an expert within that field contributing to our thought leadership.
Thus, we build and maintain Scrive’s knowledge base within legal/compliance matters especially within the areas of electronic signatures (i.a. eIDAS), KYC and data protection. This in-house legal expertise is one of many things we at Scrive take pride in and it’s really essential for the success of our sales and marketing activities, as well as for building lasting trust with our customers.
- The role as a legal counsel consists of the following tasks:
- Provide clear and correct legal/contractual advice to the sales team'
- Interpret business requirements into legal/contractual requirements and vice versa
- Drafting, reviewing and approving of contractual conditions in sales contracts
- Contribute in sales meetings as legal expert, primarily on contract law aspects, electronic signature legislation (i.a. eIDAS) and data protection
- Maintaining, updating and developing Scrive model agreement documentation
- Researching/analyzing local laws and regulations on electronic signatures
- Support HR and other internal functions in general legal aspects
Who are you?
Your focus is always on creating the best possible outcome for the heart of our business - our customers – while simultaneously maximizing return on investment for Scrive and yourself. Understanding the concept of “win-win”, you’re able to create just that. Your goal-orientation, self-discipline and efficiency is always stronger than your surroundings
- are a highly motivated, self-starter with a track record of working with commercial contract law, contract drafting and negotiations
- have a strong interest in understanding/addressing customer challenges, technical solutions and commercial (pricing) models
- have excellent communication and language skills in Swedish and English, both in writing and speaking.
- are fluent in Word, Excel and Powerpoint (or similar).
- have the ability to work independently, although close together with team members, and efficiently in an open and service minded manner
- know how to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- have an academic degree in (business) law
- have minimum 2-4 years legal job experience
Bonus points for:
- Experience of selling/buying enterprise software solutions and/or e-commerce experience.
- Experience of independent, result-oriented, project-based work.
As an applicant you must be eligible to work in Stockholm, Sweden to apply for this role.